Northwoods Art Tour
October 9, 2020 - October 11, 2020
Northern Wisconsin’s finest artists will open the doors to their galleries and private studios, 10am–5pm daily.
• ESCAPE THE BEATEN TRACK and explore some of the most beautiful back roads ambling through charming, friendly, small communities to get a behind the scenes view of how the artists create unique original art.
• DISCOVER how artists work and what inspires their efforts. See how the beauty of the northwoods is reflected in many individual expressions.
• EXPERIENCE PERSONAL ENCOUNTERS with painters in oil, acrylic, watercolor and pastel, potters, photographers, wood carvers, furniture makers, jewelers, quilters, weavers, fiber works, stained and hot glass artists, printmakers, sculptors and gourd designers in their natural habitat — the studio.
• FIND UNIQUE VISIONS for gifts or something wonderful for your home that will elevate your spirit and your space. Take advantage of this special opportunity to make purchases directly from the artist who created the work.
• INDULGE YOUR CURIOSITY. Enjoy your own custom tour. Visit as many or as few studios as your interest and time allow. The tour is organized into 39 unique sites, holding free open houses where you can come and go as you please.
Artists will be discussing their creative processes and will reveal their inspirations. Questions will be answered. Ideas shared. Demonstrations given. Stories told. A variety of artwork will be available for purchase.
Brochures with maps are available to download at www.northwoodsarttour.com or pick one up at the Chamber office.