Located between the communities of Winchester and Manitowish Waters, the WinMan Trails sit on more than 1,300 acres of private and public lands in northwestern Vilas County, not far from the border of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Accessible all year long, the WinMan Trails are popular among cross-country skiers, snowshoers and fatbikers in winter and hikers and mountain bikers the rest of the year.
- Skiing: WinMan has more than 12 miles of trails groomed for striding and skate skiing designed for skiers of all abilities; some trails are dog-friendly
- Snowshoeing: Extra-wide snowshoe trails (wide enough so users don’t have to go single file) range from a quarter mile to 1.3 miles; backcountry loops range from a quarter mile to 2.2 miles
- Fatbiking: About 7 miles of WinMan’s trail system are groomed for fatbking in the winter
- Hiking: About 6 miles of the area’s ski and snowshoe trails are mowed regularly for hiking and trail running in summer and fall
- Mountain biking: Ride nearly 20 miles of flow trails through the beautiful woods of Vilas County; trails are open to all skill levels
The trailhead for the WinMan Trails can be found on Highway W near the intersection of Highway J, about 4 miles north of downtown Manitowish Waters. Visitors will find a parking area and a heated chalet with bathrooms, changing rooms, a fireplace and a kitchen.
Learn more about the WinMan Trails, see maps and get the latest conditions here.Categories: