Five fun things to do in Sayner-Star LakePublished: March 5, 2013
Sayner-Star Lake is the Heart of the Headwaters. You’ll find clean, clear Northwoods lakes, majestic forests and lots of peace and quiet. The fishing in the area is spectacular. The trails are top-notch. Here are five things you need to do when you’re in Sayner-Star Lake.
1. Swing the clubs – Play the beautiful Plum Lake Golf Course, one of the most scenic courses in northern Wisconsin.
2. Ride the ridges – Go mountain biking at the outstanding Razorback Ridges Trails. It’s one of the state’s top mountain biking trails.
3. Roll along the Heart of Vilas County Paved Bike Trail System – This paved bike trail is suitable to all types of bicycles, and connects Sayner with St. Germain, Boulder Junction and Manitowish Waters.
4. Take a trip back in time – Visit the Vilas County Historical Museum. The interesting collection includes the world’s first snowmobile.
5. Go birdwatching – The remote forest areas of the Sayner-Star Lake area are home to pileated woodpeckers and a variety of rare woodland birds.Categories: