They say the muskie is the FISH OF 10,000 casts. Well at the age of 47 and 370,000 casts later, I finally caught a muskie worth bragging about. It was a miracle that I landed this 48-inch monster. I was fishing out of a pontoon (never easy), on an ultra light pole with 6 lb. test and a mister twister bait. I have been going up north since the age of 10 and have continued the tradition with my children. We let the muskie go, after a few photos, with the hopes of the future that my kids’ kids will have the chance to land a once-in-a-lifetime fish like this one.Categories:
- Vilas Banner Ad
- Things to see and do in Conover
- Spring Wildflower Walks
- Vilas County biking guide
- Things to see & do in Eagle River
- Fat Tire Trails to Try
- Festive Vilas County events
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Vilas County holiday gift guide
- Things to see and do in Lac du Flambeau
- Snow Conditions Button
- Vilas County winter fun tips
- Things to see and do in Manitowish Waters
- Fall Color is on it’s way!
- Visit these Vilas County art galleries