One of my favorite moments was my son’s very first trip to Presque Isle. We stayed with family on Oxbow Lake. Daniel was 4 and wanted to fish but had never casted a line. He practiced for a long time before adding frog bait for weight. Within minutes he caught his first fish. He was so proud, he did somersaults and had to call everyone back home to tell of his success. He was later able to catch a few more and was thrilled! Upon returning home, he spoke to someone about his “big” fishing trip. Daniel shared that he was a great fisherman however just kept catching the same one fish over and over! I will always remember the expression on his face and the great day at the lake that day.Categories:
- Vilas County public land guide
- Fall Color is on it’s way!
- Vilas County holiday gift guide
- Snowmobile and Cross Country Ski Trails
- Vilas County biking guide
- Better birding in Vilas County
- Things to see and do in the Minocqua Area
- Heart of Vilas County Paved Bike Trail System
- Get the trails app and map!
- Things to see and do in Land O’ Lakes
- Things to see and do in Lac du Flambeau
- Vilas County fishing guide
- Vilas County winter fun tips
- Discover Vilas County on ATV
- 14 Reasons We Love Vilas County