One of my favorite moments was my son’s very first trip to Presque Isle. We stayed with family on Oxbow Lake. Daniel was 4 and wanted to fish but had never casted a line. He practiced for a long time before adding frog bait for weight. Within minutes he caught his first fish. He was so proud, he did somersaults and had to call everyone back home to tell of his success. He was later able to catch a few more and was thrilled! Upon returning home, he spoke to someone about his “big” fishing trip. Daniel shared that he was a great fisherman however just kept catching the same one fish over and over! I will always remember the expression on his face and the great day at the lake that day.Categories:
- Trails for every explorer
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Here are our fans’ favorite things about fall
- Better birding in Vilas County
- Spring Wildflower Walks
- Beaches of Vilas County
- Rolling Along the Rustic Roads
- Things to see and do in Phelps
- Trail Conditions
- Vilas County fall color guide
- Paddle to the Past
- Five places for an unforgettable hike
- Vilas County biking guide
- Get the trails app and map!
- Late season trail hikes