My son, dad, and I were fishing on the Eagle River chain on a beautiful fall day. We were catching some fish, but also getting our lures hung up on some logs from time to time. I pulled back on my rod only to exclaim that I was hung up again. My son said, “Uh, Dad, your line is moving sideways.” So I gave it another pull and the big fish pulled back, took off on a run, and battled for several exciting minutes before Dad got him in the net. Just one of many memories from up north we like to talk about. Of course, they often hassle me about not being able to tell the difference between a snag and a fish.Categories:
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Discover Vilas County on ATV
- Keep your eyes peeled on these fall wildlife hikes
- Four ways to soak up summer
- See a few of our favorite Vilas County moments
- Where to enjoy an amazing camping adventure in Vilas County
- Best spots for ice cream in Vilas County
- Get the trails app and map!
- Explore Vilas County’s parks and natural areas
- Vilas County holiday gift guide
- Exclusive outdoor finds in Vilas County
- Top Vilas County snowmobile sites
- Tips & tricks for late-fall fishing in Vilas County
- Get the full supper club experience in St. Germain
- Visit the headwaters of the mighty Wisconsin River