My son, dad, and I were fishing on the Eagle River chain on a beautiful fall day. We were catching some fish, but also getting our lures hung up on some logs from time to time. I pulled back on my rod only to exclaim that I was hung up again. My son said, “Uh, Dad, your line is moving sideways.” So I gave it another pull and the big fish pulled back, took off on a run, and battled for several exciting minutes before Dad got him in the net. Just one of many memories from up north we like to talk about. Of course, they often hassle me about not being able to tell the difference between a snag and a fish.Categories:
- Five fun things to do this spring in Sayner-Star Lake
- Beaches of Vilas County
- Spring Wildflower Walks
- Four Fall Wonders
- Indoor attractions
- Things to see and do in Conover
- Lakeshore hikes
- Vilas County fishing guide
- A Snowshoer’s Paradise
- Outdoor dining in Vilas County
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Five places for an unforgettable hike
- Top Vilas County snowmobile sites
- 14 Reasons We Love Vilas County
- Put on Your Snowshoes!