I’ve been coming up to Land O’ Lakes since I was born and my 89 year old mother has come up since she was 4. There are so many memories that are awesome. I think being able to sit on a pier, on a summer night around 6:00, with the sights of loons sitting on the lake, diving in the water and trying to guess where they will pop up next. The eagle soaring overhead. Maybe a glimpse of a mother doe and her fawn taking a drink from the lake. And then there’s the sounds. The frogs, the loon calls, the whip-poor-wills. I could go on and on, but those moments are the ones cemented in my brain.Categories:
- Things to see and do in Conover
- Camping in the Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest
- Learn about Northwoods nature at the North Lakeland Discovery Center
- Summer recreation in Vilas County
- Indoor fun in Vilas County
- Find your next winter ride in Vilas County
- One-of-a-kind winter experiences
- Fat Tire Trails to Try
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Explore northern Wisconsin and the U.P. on your snowmobile
- Get an up-close look at Vilas County’s cranberry farms
- Visit Eagle River, the Hockey Capital of Wisconsin™
- Early Winter – Reliable Recreation Options
- It’s Snowing!
- Vilas County snowmobile trails to open 12/20/19