I’ve been coming up to Land O’ Lakes since I was born and my 89 year old mother has come up since she was 4. There are so many memories that are awesome. I think being able to sit on a pier, on a summer night around 6:00, with the sights of loons sitting on the lake, diving in the water and trying to guess where they will pop up next. The eagle soaring overhead. Maybe a glimpse of a mother doe and her fawn taking a drink from the lake. And then there’s the sounds. The frogs, the loon calls, the whip-poor-wills. I could go on and on, but those moments are the ones cemented in my brain.Categories:
- Put on Your Snowshoes!
- Beaches of Vilas County
- Get the trails app and map!
- Paddle to the Past
- Lakeshore hikes
- Can’t-miss Instagram photo ops
- Spring Auto-touring in Vilas County
- Museums Made for Kids
- Things to see and do in Phelps
- Vilas County holiday gift guide
- Trails for every explorer
- Things to see and do in Manitowish Waters
- Snowmobile adventures in Vilas County
- Supper club season