On March 11, 2016 I surprised my boyfriend Chris with a trip to Lac du Flambeau for his birthday. It was his first time ever in the Northwoods. This photo of me was taken at Squaw Lake – we stayed at the Birch Trail Resort. We made a fire every night. Watched the stars light up the sky. We saw several bald eagles & even a coyote walk across the frozen lake the morning we were leaving. He wants to move up north now (YES!). We ended up hiking around the Chequamegon National Forest. It was breathtaking! I love the area. It was really fun showing my boyfriend the beautiful lakes & land that Vilas County (and the rest of the Northwoods) has to offer.Categories:
- Fall fishing
- Festive Vilas County events
- Quick guide to Vilas County’s fall trails
- Keep your eyes peeled on these fall wildlife hikes
- Things to see & do in Eagle River
- Three Treks to Do in Hiking Boots (or Snowshoes)
- Outdoor dining in Vilas County
- Vilas County biking guide
- Things to see and do in the Minocqua Area
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Vilas County COVID-19 Information
- Get the trails app and map!
- Spring Wildflower Walks
- Indoor attractions
- Vilas County spring hikes