While fishing with my two sons in central Vilas County, I was able to catch a very nice musky. After some quick pictures, I placed the fish back into the water. My sons asked why I was letting the fish go (confused because we had harvested a few walleyes earlier in the day). I told them that we don’t keep most of the fish we catch, only a few, and we never keep muskies, no matter how big or small. They asked why? My reply was simple – so some day you two, or someone else, can catch her again and be able to enjoy what we just did. We want to preserve these fish as best as we can. Foundation has been established.Categories:
- Things to see and do in Phelps
- Heart of Vilas County Paved Bike Trail System
- Vilas County fall color guide
- Better birding in Vilas County
- Rolling Along the Rustic Roads
- Unforgettable fall golfing
- Vilas County spring hikes
- Spring Auto-touring in Vilas County
- Quick guide to Vilas County’s fall trails
- Here are our fans’ favorite things about fall
- Fall Color is on it’s way!
- Why we love Vilas County!
- Four ways to soak up summer
- Spring Wildflower Walks
- What to see in St. Germain