Make the most of your summer getaway with a trip to Vilas County’s wide-open wilderness. A few things might have changed since your last vacation, but our welcoming communities are here to help whenever you’re ready to travel. Here are a few tips to help you create an unforgettable Vilas County experience if you decide to visit this summer.
Embrace open space
- Vilas County has more than 60 trail systems and 1,300 lakes—there’s plenty of room to spread out.
- Now is a great time to seek out secluded trails. Don’t forget to download the free Map It Vilas County trails app, where you can find routes based on location, amenities and more.
Take a relaxed approach
- Things may look a little different than your last trip.
- Adapt your plans if your first choice is closed or too busy… don’t worry, there’s plenty to do in Vilas County!
Support Vilas County businesses
- Shops and restaurants are open for business, although many have changed how they operate. If your favorite restaurant isn’t open for sit-down service, or if it’s busy, order a carryout meal.
Make a reservation
- Vilas County’s motels, resorts, cabins, vacation homes and private campgrounds are accepting reservations for this summer and beyond. These businesses have visitors’ health and well-being top of mind; please contact specific lodging properties with questions on availability.
- All your favorite summer activities in Vilas County are still available to you—biking, fishing, hiking, paddling, boating, equestrian trails and more.
- Your trip to Vilas County gives you access to so many outdoor resources—explore a trail, lake or scenic drive for new outdoor adventures.