A trip to the Northwoods is an opportunity to relax, breathe in the clean air and escape from your everyday worries. It’s easy to relax up here—but if you want some pointers, we’re here to help.
Watch the sun go down over a Northwoods lake
We’re not too modest to say our sunsets are some of the best you’ll find. There are lots of great places to see a lakeside sunset in Vilas County, but here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
- The benches along Ben Bendrick Dr. near Trout Lake in Boulder Junction
- Black Oak Lake public beach/boat launch (4 miles west of Land O’ Lakes, adjacent to County Rd. B)
- Little Bohemia Lodge on Little Star Lake in Manitowish Waters
- Torpy Park on Lake Minocqua
- Torch Lake Park in Conover
We asked for our fans’ best sunset photos—see what they sent us.
Get out on the lake
Not satisfied with sitting on the shore watching the sunset? With more than 1,300 lakes dotting our beautiful corner of the Northwoods, there are plenty of ways to get out on Vilas County’s wonderful lakes, too.
- Ideas for canoeing & kayaking this summer
- See Vilas County’s public-access lakes (PDF)
- Discover family-friendly beaches in Vilas County
- Summer boating destinations
Find a trail to explore
Vilas County is home to nearly 90 trail systems open to bikers, hikers, birdwatchers and other outdoors enthusiasts. That means there’s a trail for just about everyone, whether you’re looking for a serene stroll along a Northwoods lake or a challenging ride on some serious single-track.
Download the free Vilas County trails app, where you can find routes based on location, amenities and more. And don’t forget to order the Vilas County Silent Sports & Water Recreation Map, too!
Relax at a comfy, clean lodging property
Kick your shoes off and unwind: Vilas County’s motels, hotels, resorts, cabins, vacation homes and campgrounds are accepting reservations for this summer and beyond. These businesses have visitors’ health and well-being top of mind, so don’t hesitate—bookCategories: