Spring is upon us (finally), and we’re featuring the perfect rainy-day activity: a trip to an area art gallery. And Vilas County has plenty of unique galleries to choose from. Here are few options for galleries for you to check out:
- Artistree Gallery, Land O’ Lakes. Featuring the work of artists around northern Wisconsin, this cooperative gallery displays paintings, fiber, jewelry, glass, pottery and photography.
- Arlene’s Pottery & Gallery, Boulder Junction. This gallery features many styles of handmade stoneware pottery and pottery made to reflect the Northwoods.
- Firemouth Pottery & Gallery, Boulder Junction. View original artwork by a number of Midwestern artists at this gallery, including that of owner Bill Karaffa, whose pottery is also featured at the studio.
- Howard Young Art Gallery, Woodruff. Located in the Howard Young Medical Center, this gallery is dedicated to supporting and exhibiting the work of regional artists.
- Moondeer & Friends Gallery, Boulder Junction. Visit this gallery to see an eclectic mix of fine, contemporary, regional arts and crafts, as well as global antiques and artifacts.
- Woodland Indian Art Center, Lac du Flambeau. The gallery in the Woodland Indian Art Center showcases Native American artwork, including beaded work, carvings, birch bark baskets, jewelry and paintings.